Improving the quality of life and prolonging the autonomy of individuals aged 50 and over.
Services and Activities
Courses and Workshops: The educational, social, and cultural workshops allow seniors to build a social network, develop their full potential and their creativity. The courses are linked to wellness and physical health for seniors wishing to remain active.
Educational, Social and Cultural Workshops
- Embroidery (Japanese, Norwegian and on white)
- Quilt Creation
- 3D Decoupage
- Creative Writing
- Mixed Medium Creation
- Initiation to Art
- Decorative Painting on wood and Imitation Stained Glass
- Small Decorative Stitching
- Wood Sculptures
- Creative Fabrics and Knitting
Courses linked to Individual physical health and well-being
- Aerobics without jumping
- Line Dancing
- Taï chi
- Toning & Stretching
- Yoga and Pilates
- Zumba gold / Toning
- Fall Prevention PIED (eligibility test mandatory) : The program of group physical exercises aims to improve older people’s balance, strength of their legs, the flexibility of their ankles, their bone density, and their ability to get up from the floor after a fall.
Activities led by volunteers, enabling seniors to socialize and have fun with their peers in a friendly and community context.
- Tuesday Entertainment
- Friendship League
- Sunday Bowling
- Book Exchange / Micro Library
Home Support Services
These services address seniors with loss of autonomy or reduced mobility and represent a huge help for numerous individuals. They are maintained all year thanks to the involvement of many volunteers. They are provided primarily to seniors in the LaSalle territory, except for the PAIR program, which serves the seniors of the entirety of the West Island of Montreal.
- Meals on Wheels
- Friendship Visits and Phone Calls
- Transport/Accompaniment for Medical Appointments
- PAIR Program: Informative and Secure Medication Reminder Calls
Seniors’ Café: A friendly environment that offers permanent food services. Open from Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. Services offered include:
- Themed Community Lunches
- Frozen Meals
This support includes various services for seniors in LaSalle living with difficulties:
- Integration and referrals
- Individual Meetings and/or telephone exchanges
- Support Groups: Grieving, socialisation, mental and emotional well-being
Community and Social Development
This component mobilizes and encourages seniors to be involved to exchange and participate in finding common solutions to social issues surrounding ageism and ageing.
Information Hub for seniors: This initiative makes information more accessible to seniors through offering a range of services:
- Taxes Clinic for individuals with low income
- Information and Exchange Meeting
- Conferences and Mobilizing Events
- Help Desk (Brochures on a variety of services that are available)
An individual and/or collective approach in the community. The outreach workers visit the homes of seniors or go around in the community and create bridges between seniors and available resources. It is a referral, accompaniment and support service.
A free transportation service for people age 50 and over living in social isolation related to different difficulties.
- Social Network: Transport from Monday to Friday from the homes of seniors for activities and services located at the Centre du Vieux Moulin de LaSalle, and then back to their homes.
- Grocery on Wheels: Transport on Fridays from seniors’ homes to the local grocery and back.